Joints of pelvis
Pelvis contains several joints, including the lumbosacral and sacroiliac joints, pubic and sacrococcygeal symphysis.
All joints are strengthened by various ligaments. Few of them are present throughout the spine extending into the pelvic girdle, but mostly they are ligaments only found in the pelvic part of the human body.
Ligaments of the pelvis include the following:
- Inguinal ligament
- Vertebro-pelvic ligaments:
- Long ligaments of the vertebral column:
- Sacroiliac joint ligaments:
- Ligaments of the pubic symphysis:
- Ligaments of the sacrococcygeal symphysis: